Process for the development of qualification standards in France and in Germany – a comparative analysis
Franco-German comparative study on modalities of VET contents definition, modes of governance, role of the “professionals”.
The project consists of two parts:
- Inventory in both countries
France: Development of vocational standards in initial vocational training: Situation before the reform and after the reform
- CPC and eventually other commissions in charge of the design or recognition of qualifications: role, composition, function
- Evolution of CPCs (and these other commissions) through the different texts that govern them
- Role of "professionals"
Germany: Development of vocational standards in initial vocational training
- Training areas of the "dual system"
- Full-time school education
- The training of the care professions after the reform of 1.1.2020
- Comparative analysis
The aim is to select an (one or two) occupational field that is undergoing a process of modernization in both countries. The focus is on the following questions:
- Which groups of actors are involved overall?
- Which function do they have and actually hold in the entire process?
- If possible: what is the profile of the actors, in particular those who formulate the contents
- Structural differences (or sometimes similarities) in both countries regarding the role and profile of the stakeholders involved
- …and also the shape and content of currricula and standards
Project goals until April 2020:
- Theoritical Approach
- Procedures for the development of standards in both countries in the form of posters (first drafts)
- Proposal for alternatives if it is not possible to find a common field of investigation
- Work plan for 2020 and 2021
Further reading: Bibb-Céreq meeting - October 15-16, 2019