Online conference on Bridging Asia-Pacific and Europe: New Qualifications and Competencies in TVET Online Conference
Bridging Asia-Pacific and Europe: New Qualifications and Competencies in TVET is organized by the BILT project and co-hosted by Temasek Polytechnic. It is the first event to bridge Asia and the Pacific and Europe within the BILT project. It shall provide the platform to explore challenges and practical solutions with regards to new qualifications and competencies in the fields of digitalization, entrepreneurship, greening and migration in TVET . The discussions shall evolve around the relevance, innovativeness, and applicability of the presented approaches to different contexts.
Furthermore, successful practices around the identification of new qualifications and competencies, their integration into curricula and training regulations, and their implementation in teaching and training shall be examined. The preliminary results of a three-volume publication on the processes of identification, integration and implementation at different systemic levels will be presented and discussed with the participants.
Through this conference we will
- identify potential “Innovation and Learning Practices” in the BILT themes digitalization, greening, entrepreneurship and migration, and increase knowledge dissemination at the global level.
- understand better the challenges and successful solutions in the Asia and the Pacific region, with regards to the identification, integration and implementation of new qualifications and competencies in TVET .
Strengthen the network:
- increase exchange among TVET stakeholders from the Asia and the Pacific region as well as with those from Europe.
- strengthen existing connections among UNEVOC Centres and establish new relationships.
Sharpen the BILT vision beyond 2021:
- have a common understanding among participants of the direction the project is taking;
- gain an understanding among the project team of the burning issues in the region to help prioritize and focus the planning for future project activities.